Friday, June 3, 2011

First Friday and THE MOVE.

Hey, everyone!


It's been quite some time since I've updated Keith Jones and The Makeshifts blog, so I figured I should do that. I want to talk about a couple things we've been doing lately, and the inevitable move to Florida that I (and consequently, The Makeshifts) will be making in a couple weeks.

In the past six or so months, I have had the tremendous opportunity not only to play music (if that's what you want to call it) at many of Columbus' Swing Dance events, but also in Cincinnati for one of their monthly dances.

Today will be The Makeshifts' last performance in the tri-state area for some time,(August) due to my move to Florida. We'll be in the beautiful town of Vevay, IN, performing at their monthly First Friday Festival. Vevay is one of my favorite towns to play in, and we generally have a terrific turn out, so I'm looking forward to it.

About my move to Florida - I will continue to perform in Florida once I find appropriate musicians, and I will also continue to perform in the Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana area. Just much less frequently.

Our August show will be part of the Cincinnati Lindy Exchange weekend. I encourage every swing dancer out there to sign up for CincyLX! This is the second year for this event, and if it is anything like last year, it will be a fantastic time. Here's the CincyLX website -- Cincylx.com --- Go figure, right? If you're not a swing dancer, and don't wish to be, you should show up to the Sunday dance, anyway. (HINT: THAT IS THE ONE THAT THE MAKESHIFTS WILL BE PLAYING)..

Some other very important links..

Olivia Suttles' swing dance blog called Generation: Swing. We were featured in this recently. Well written. Consistently updated.

Vevay Main Street's Facebook. This page contains a lot of info on the current happenings in Vevay, IN. There's a lot to do in Vevay.

CincyLXs Facebook Page! Get details and updates on CincyLX and other Cincinnati Swing events!

No comments:

Post a Comment